Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Savage Beauty - Fashion Thrill.










photos - taken by myself even though forbidden, haha

Last year Alexander McQueen, a genius among fashion designers, passed away. All he left is a great inheritance that lets its viewers drift into another world, a world full of new point of views, of new perspectives.
When I was in New York three weeks ago I had the aim to go see his amazing "Savage Beauty" exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I was totally affected by both grace and horror at the same time. McQueen tended to connect politics and even his own most wistful feelings to his collections. Music, quotations and even the atmosphere created by light emoted his personal manifestation. As a fashion lover I was impressed in a special way and I loved the dresses. On top of all, topmodel Tyra Banks was standing right next to me. Great exhibition guys. If you plan to go on a trip to NYC, you gotta see it! xx

4 comments :

  1. Dankeschön und klar hab ich Lust auf ein gegenseitiges verfolgen, ich verfolg dich direkt mal (: Ich mag deinen Blog auch sehr, deine Outfits besonders (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. dannkeschön, das freut mich sehr & ja gerne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. McQueen was such a genius.

    Love these dream like creations.

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    being a backstage diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Charlotte, now u in my blog followers list Okey, pretty?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive